During Lent we gather more frequently to remember our baptism, deepen our understanding of the faith, and help each other to prepare for the great feast of Jesus' resurrection.
Wednesdays in Lent
On each Wednesday in Lent there is an opportunity to gather for fellowship, learning, and worship.
- 10:00am and 5:00pm Bible studies based on movies
- 6:00pm - soup supper
- 7:00pm - Worship service. Lutheran pastors from around Lorain County taking turns leading the services, speaking on "Powerful Passions."
March 25-April 1
Holy Week is the central week in the Christian year. There are many opportunities for worship this week, culminating in the Great Three Days of Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter.
- Sunday of the Passion, March 25, 9:30am
Our regular Sunday service is enlivened with a procession with palms and the telling of the passion story.
- Monday and Tuesday in Holy Week, March 26-27, 7:00pm
Taizé worship. These lovely services feature meditative singing, candlelight, and meditative silence.
- Wednesday in Holy Week, March 28, 7:00pm
Healing service. Service for healing of body, mind, and spirit.
- Maundy Thursday, March 29, 7:00pm
This service includes confession and forgiveness (with laying on of hands), foot washing, communion, and the stripping of the altar.
- Good Friday, March 30, 7:00pm
This solemn service includes the sung Passion according to St. John.
- Easter Vigil, March 31, 8:00pm
This wonderful and ancient service is like Christmas Eve - for Easter! We light a new fire, sing by candlelight, tell the ancient stories of God's salvation, baptize, ring bells, and celebrate the first communion of Easter. This service ends around 10:00pm.
- Easter Day, April 1, 9:30am
Our regular Sunday service celebrates Jesus' resurrection.